Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Guardala Mouthpieces

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

I was looking at the chart Kevin provided and have seen it before. I was looking at the Guardala mp on amazon as well. I was looking at the MB model piece. Any idea on the stock chamber opening for this piece. I can’t seem to find one anywhere. I have a berg that is 120 and it is relatively hard to blow due to its openness. As per the chart on jody jazz comparison, they seem to start at .110. There gonna be much of a difference between that and my Berg??

john
      Keymaster

Oh, I get a lot of results when searching for winslow, but no matter, yes the saxxos are a similar thing. I think someone on this forum said they ordered one and are now playing it.

john
        Keymaster

A berg is one that I was playing right around the time I switched to the Guardala MB and I loved it right away. Don’t know how wide it is but it’s not extreme in any way.

SaxoKlaus
          Participant

Hi Johnny ! I’ve got quite the same problem like George posted above. I’m still trying to find the right MP to get the real nasty Blues and Rock’n’Roll Sound (like you have). For the moment I’m playing a Yamaha 4 & 6. Got me an Otto Link 6 but still not satisfied.
            Unfortunatly my Sax supplier(s) doesn’t deliver Guardala MP. Guess I need to check via Amazon or similar sources. Which Guardala MP would you recommend ? Thanks a lot for your information. brgds Klaus

Anonymous

The Yamaha’s and Link’s are good pieces but not for what you’re looking for. I use the Guardala Michael Brecker model. This was hand made by Dave Guardala many years ago. He doesn’t make them anymore. You can get the next best thing which do sell on Amazon and other places and the copy of this mp is called the Guardala MBII I think….go top my info page here and it will confirm this, then click the red link in the middle of the page cause there you will see all the different Guardala’s that are available today.
              https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/guardala-mouthpieces

I don’t know how much better or worse these copy ones are than Dave’s originals because I haven’t tried one of these new ones yet. They have been selling for a while now so I’m confident that they are good.

Rodney Name
              Participant

I just purchased a Charlie Andrew BBQ m/p……all I can say is WOW. What a ease and projection. Got it on eBay. They are rare and if can pick one up, it will the best $100 your spent.

john
                Keymaster

For those of you who play the Alto Sax & are interested in Guardala’s.
                  In the members video 5, in my last post i’m playing a guardala king
                  on a yamaha alto sax.

And it plays beautifully! my recordings don’t do it justice, as i record everything using an iTouch
                  connected to a speaker to play the backing track at the same
                  time as it is recording.
                  although its a .086 inch tip it feels smaller than my theo wanne
                  alto Kali rubber mp which has the same tip size.

Anonymous

on the Guardala Michael Brecker II is a tip opening of .80 medium open ???? I know its a crazy question. The .80 might be too open for me at first

john
                    Keymaster

If these are like the Dave Guardala originals then you won’t have an option on the opening. 80 is quite open but you want that. Yes it will feel too much for you after only a year but you can either wait or jump in and start working with it. What are you using now?

Anonymous

Well I guess I will jump right in. I bought it . Such a great price I had to go after it. I guess from what a person said to me on another posting in here, He said that if it is too hard to play right now go down in a reed size and see if that helps ???? Is that somewhat true LOL Vinny

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.