Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces guardella mouthpiece

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    wayne wojnarowski
    Participant

x poet how much is 500 lbs. is that what you paid for it?? I don’t think you like it right??

wayne wojnarowski
      Participant

Sx poet how much is 510 lbs??

Anonymous

when i bought it the rate of exchange was $1.50 for each £1.00 – so about $765 usa $.

I love the mouthpiece – it’s a case of priorities. I need to get a alto sax grade 3 certificate and preferably grade 4 – so i can play in some local jazz/swing bands. So i have to use a selmar mouthpiece.

i would like to get grade 8 – then i could play in an orchestra, abd teach the sax(cant see that happening)

Kevin
          Participant

Johnny, Unless I missed it somewhere in the posts-

If buying the GD mouthpiece through your offering, is there a return option if one finds that it isn’t a MP that gives the player the tone/playability he is seeking?

wayne wojnarowski
            Participant

Marc so how did the mouth pieces go ????You were going to check them out so ?????

john
              Keymaster

Kevin, I’m going to find out from Nadir regrading his thoughts/policies on this…he lives in Germany so I don’t think it would make a lot of sense or be feasable.
                I would like to somehow consider helping you guys out but would need several models always on hand to do an exchange, but I’m not a store at this point!
                Anyway, we’ll see about that…meanwhile, I will have a demonstration video shortly and you will see the differences between a handful of his louder/brighter mp’s. I’ve been playing a couple of his new ones and they are not only every bit as good as Dave’s original models but surpass them in tonal quality and volume.
                If we can’t get a no return thing going I suggest trying out something in a local shop if possible…I can suggest a model or 2 perhaps.
                Just so you know, the MB models are not made for alto, but there are a couple good options for alto in the “King” and the “Studio FatBoy”
                one of the ones I’m playing now is the “MBII FatBoy” and it’s the loudest/sweetest mp I’ve ever played. It’s basically everything the MB has but a little more.
                Another thing you should know…Dave Guardala made his original mp’s from hot rodding an Otto Link. If you can get your hands on a metal Link or a hard rubber “Tone Edge” Link and you can play em them I can assure you that you’ll love the Guardalas.
                BTW, what are you playing on now?

Dazza
                Participant

Oh Johnny you are saying some exciting things. I can’t wait to hear the videos and I am sure they will be comprehensive. I have an OTTO Link Metal 7* that I was playing ok so is that the one I should get back on my horn and start playing in readiness for a new MB? I can’t find any shop with 1000 miles that stocks MB’s so I think I will be taking a gamble on one for my upcoming birthday!! Bring it on….we are all salivating

William Cingolani
                  Participant

Johnny,
                    Over the years I’ve narrowed down my mouthpieces for tenor to the metal JodyJazz Chicago 7*, Metal JodyJazz New York 7*. metal JodyJazz DV 7*, Theo Wanne Gaia Metal 7*, Theo Wanne Durga metal 7* & Durga Metal 8, and Theo Wanne metal Shiva 8, Theo Wanne Metal Ambika 7*. And I have since 1997 a Vandoren ebonite Jumbo Java T-75. As you know the high baffle durgas and Shivas and Java t-75 are extremely loud. The JodyJazz Chicago has the edge I like. How do any of the above mouthpieces compare with the Nadir Fusion or any of the other available Dave Guardala mp’s with tip openings close to 108 with is available on the Fusion. I think I’ll like that Nadir Fusion 7 (108). I seldom blow the Durgas or the Shiva or the Jumbo Java T-75. Too loud for my room. They’er on standby though. I live in a small community with no mouthpiece store so to try out a mp I have to buy it.

William Cingolani
                    Participant

Today I favored the Theo Wanna Gaia 7* metal mouthpiece.Large chamber no baffle. Nice tone.How does the Gaia compare with the Nadir Fusion? I am using a Winslow ligature on the Gaia http://store.theowanne.com/products/new-gaia-tenorl-saxophone-mouthpiece

Kevin
                      Participant

William, wow and impressive selection of MP’s to have to compare and select from. If that is the “narrowed” down selection, does that imply that there many more that you have not listed? You may think about starting your own MP store!
                        You’ve definitely selected from the best, and your recent uploads show that the results of your MP choosing are that of a good tenor sax tone!
                        If you ever decide to offer any of those(like Dazza’s MP offering), I’ll get in line quick… LOL

Johnny, my current MP of choice (Alta Sax) is a HR Meyer 5M (it came with my sax when I bought it), though it is a modified piece having gone through perhaps 6-7 refacings, being my experimental pc to learn about the facing curve/tip opening of a Sax MP. It now has a .085″ tip opening.
                        I bought a Jody Jazz HR MP that I put on every now and then, which I think is a good quality made pc, but it is lacking something and a bit on the bright side. But I do find my opinion about the tone I think I have, and/or what I want to achieve something of a moving target…

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 39 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.