Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video HAPPY NEW YEAR “Auld Lang Syne”- – Leo Salu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Leo Salu
    Participant

Pete
      Participant

All the best for the new year to you and MRS SALU, keep it going Leo your sounding good***

Leo Salu
        Participant

Ahoy pete first try on the yts 62 I like it…seems faster on the keys. and Happy New year to you and yours also.

Pete
          Participant

Hey Lou, i thought it was the 62 it sounds 100% ok lovely sax well done.

saxomonica
            Participant

Happy New Year everybody! 🙂

Ya a major shift in the frequency spectrum and dynamic range oscillating whereupon our parametric wavelengths, seems a sweet testimony to the silky 62?! Well done Leo olde chappe, steady as she goes, all the best; guess your spiffing new sax has found a welcome home in the Fourier analysis of thangs, say. Tally ho.

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/73078/brief-history-auld-lang-syne

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

Auld Lang Syne: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/traditional/auld-lang-syne

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

https://www.themorgan.org/sites/default/files/images/exhibitions/AuldLangSyne.pdf

Pete
              Participant

Sorry Leo, mispelt name.

Leo Salu
                Participant

Auld Lang Syne, who knew there was so much history behind the song, thanks to our site historian (MarK) we all get to know a lot about the songs that are played, so what was interesting about playing this song, well it seemed pretty straight forward with not much room to improvise, Johnny’s version goes up an octave a couple of times, but he has great control i figured i’d just play it the way it was. Someone commented all i needed was a salvation army bucket. So now looking forward to my next song. I did note the mechanism on the yts 62 was of a much finer design than my other tenors. Will take some practice to get it right but I’m willing. So everyone on the site, have a great saxophone new year and I have to say “direct from our leader” Rock On…..

Mel
                  Participant

Sounds good Leo! That 62 is a nice saxophone. Hope you have a lot of fun with it!

Leo Salu
                    Participant

Thanks Mel. Got a couple of hours on it today, Think it is going to be a good player.

Wayne Galtier
                      Participant

LEO!!!!!you are a saxophone production machine!!! Great work Leo. You brought in the new year in the best of fashion. “With your saxophone.”

by the way I took your lead and ordered me the “protec” saxophone harness just like you have. I love it!!! Awesome neck relief. Thanks for the inspiration. I think I remember you and Mark talking about it.

Still fighting the low D note on my Bundy II. I guess I will have to take it to the shop and see. I have narrowed it down to the following three problems.

1. ME
                        2. Saxophone
                        3. bad pad on the D key

Have you ever had problems on your Bundy softly hitting the low D. I just can’t figure it out. I can hit it with a little air nuge but it doesn’t vibrate or resonate like the other notes. May be it is the pad and the resonator on the pad. I just can’t figure it out. I did not have problems with the low notes on my Super Action 80 years ago. I hope it’s not me and my ombrochure. I checked for a leak and I double checked for regulation settings. Anyway I should take it to the shop and have someone younger than me check it out. LOL

Happy New Year Leo and Family

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.