Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hello folks.

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Carl Robinson
    Participant

Hello folks, I’m back to get more info, and get some more quality advice. I posted originally as Carl Robinson, but forgot all my details so re-registered. I was getting into Saxophone and really loved it but then life took a turn and I was working twelve hour shifts for months. I was simply too knackered to put in any sort of meaningful practise, things are back to normal now and I can once more devote time getting to grips with the instrument.
      kind regards
      Carl.

Anonymous

Hi Carl, i’m a bit like yourself, i’ve played on guitar since the age of 15, then i swapped over to playing the sax 4 years ago,
        the sax is so much more challenging so i stopped practicing on the guitar as i couldn’t find time to do both.

In terms of backing tracks, i found the best thing to do is get some software that slows or speeds up the backing track to a speed that you can play at without making mistakes – it takes out a lot of the depressing stress out of trying to practice tricky pieces at the proper speed. Practice them at slower speeds, until you get a piece error free – then up the speed later on.

john
        Keymaster

Glad to hear about your successes Carl. as for the RAW, I agree, I told my buddy who sells em that if my Mark 6 ever got stolen I’d probably buy a TJ raw….I played a couple in his shop….really nice.

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.