Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hello From Chile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Reolon
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m Patrick, born in Switzerland, from spanish mother and half italian half swiss father, I’m actually living now in Chile.

I enjoy playing a Tenor Sax P.Mauriat Pmxt-66rul
      with a Ottolink 8* mouthpiece (earlier Vandoran Java T45)
      and Vandoren Java Green #4 reeds

I’ve played over 8 years clarinette before changing to the Tenor Sax (which I wanted to play originally).
      After some years of Sax lessons I’ve played in a swiss Rock Band for two years and when I’ve moved to Chili some years ago, I first played in a Funk based band and then I got to be co-founder in a successful and uprising Cumbia-Rock-Band “Combo Chabela” for more than two years now.

I consider my actual level as intermediate because I was for years out of practice as a lack of discipline or proyection because of missing band-projects.
      Now as I’m embarked in a project again, there’s no excuse. My years of practice gave me in fact a pro bed, but to keep a pro you just have to keep on practicing, what I didn’t do.
      The courses Johnny has made cover at 100% my needs: Basic exercise routine, some playing tricks from a pro, and Altissimo.

So thanks to Johnny, hi and best regards to all

Patrick

Patrick Reolon
      Participant

Hi all,

I’m Patrick, born in Switzerland, from spanish mother and half italian half swiss father, I’m actually living now in Chile.

I enjoy playing a Tenor Sax P.Mauriat Pmxt-66rul
        with a Ottolink 8* mouthpiece (earlier Vandoran Java T45)
        and Vandoren Java Green #4 reeds

I’ve played over 8 years clarinette before changing to the Tenor Sax (which I wanted to play originally).
        After some years of Sax lessons I’ve played in a swiss Rock Band for two years and when I’ve moved to Chili some years ago, I first played in a Funk based band and then I got to be co-founder in a successful and uprising Cumbia-Rock-Band “Combo Chabela” for more than two years now.

I consider my actual level as intermediate because I was for years out of practice as a lack of discipline or proyection because of missing band-projects.
        Now as I’m embarked in a project again, there’s no excuse. My years of practice gave me in fact a pro bed, but to keep a pro you just have to keep on practicing, what I didn’t do.
        The courses Johnny has made cover at 100% my needs: Basic exercise routine, some playing tricks from a pro, and Altissimo.

So thanks to Johnny, hi and best regards to all

Patrick

john
        Keymaster

Hi Patrick. Welcome and thanks for your introduction. Very interesting stuff. I love Switzerland and have played in several cities there including Bern, Ascona, and the Lucerne Blues festival, . Beautiful country (very expensive though!)
          Good luck with your playing now in Chile…sounds like you will have a lot of good experiences there and some fun with your sax.
          Keep us posted as you go.

cheers
          Johnny

Patrick Reolon
          Participant

Hi Johnny,
            Yeah, switzerland beautiful, but expensive. upside and downside… heheh

Thanks, your courses will be of big help improving my playing. I live in southern chile and good horn players to learn from them are hard to find or some hours drive away.

Most interesting to come here, was the change from european ways of playing the sax to the Latin Style, which is more percussive,more as fill up; as in the funk.
            I was astonished to see and hear, that sax in latin music is used much more in staccato way. It’s just a fill up, whereas in other styles as in blues or rock, the european or north-american way, the sax is used more like a 2nd voice, like a background singer.
            Thus the sax and it’s player have another role in a band. In our band we had several discussions concerning my way of playing sax, which is intuitively more like a 2nd voice, and not as they were used to: a horn making percussive fillings like a trumpet.

I’ll keep you updated about worth mentioning and instructive issues 😉 off course.

Best regards

Patrick

john
            Keymaster

The style of playing there sounds interesting….should make you a better all-round player.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.