Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Wales

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gareth Edwards
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m Gareth and I live in West Wales, I’m an experienced blues harp player and slide guitarist, and a couple of years ago had the itch to take up sax – I’m loving it so far and have been working hard on my tone and breathing. I want to improve my improvisation technique (I’m no reader!) and stumbled upon Johnny’s lessons on Youtube. He’s teaching just the sort of stuff I want to learn and I love his sound – his enthusiasm really inspired me. I’ve just downloaded the blues improvisation .PDF and it’s great. Luckily, playing with a band I’ve had a chance to play a bit live on some simple RnB stuff – but I really want to stretch out and improve.

I’m playing a vintage King Zephyr, which seems to be a good axe for that bluesy sound. I love all those RnB honkers and screamers, as well as the funkier stuff like King Curtis and Junior Walker. I’m also a big fan of those hard bop jazzers who had a bluesy sound, and hammond combo players, especially Stanley Turrentine and Willis Jackson.

Anyway, I look forward to taking part in these forums and learning from you all!

Gareth

john
      Keymaster

Wow, you just named most of my favorite players!
        Good luck with your sax and lessons, let me know if you have any questions regarding the Killer Blues course.
        Johnny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.