Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hi, Everyone!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Arnaud Tiranty
    Participant

Hello, my name is Arnaud, i am french living in Australia at the moment.
      I’ve been playing drum for 15 years, and It is a lot of years that I am thinking about start playing saxophone but I didn’t had enough time.
      Now I am living in Australia and of course my big drum didn’t fit in my backpack, so i decided that it was time! I enter the world of the saxophone! I am looking for a cheap alto sax, quality is important but i don’t like the idea of traveling with a 1000$+ instrument. (The second hand saxophones are actually very expensive here.)

Thanks a lot Johnny for your amazing website and videos! You’re the best !

Arnaud.

john
      Keymaster

Arnaud, you don’t need to spend a lot but I suggest you keep away from any cheaply made sax from China…there are very bad and may not even play. Look for an established brand that offers a more inexpensive student model such as Yamaha, Selmer, Yanagasawa. These companies make some of the best pro models but they also make student models for much less and maybe you can find a used one over there.

good luck
        Johnny

Arnaud Tiranty
        Participant

I was not looking for a chinese made one,( i am afraid of chinese made instruments ) but more for an european made, i’ve seen some second hands Italians sax with decent prices, i will ask the sellers to play with.
          It is actually just for travelling, getting used with the fingering and breathing, then with some more money i’ll go for a YAS 23.

Thanks for the advice Johnny.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.