Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hi from Scottish Highlands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steve Foster
    Participant

Hi Johnny, what a great web-site for sax players. I’ve been enjoying your backing tracks and learning from your demo’s, nice job. I’m a bit of a ballad and blues man myself and come from a harmonica and trumpet previous life. I started out 14 years ago refurbishing an old bust Selmer (London) Pensylvania which I got cheap and had an “interesting” time trying to work through the many self-made leaks. But it was a great learning experience which gave me massive respect for the instrument and all those magician tech’s out there who keep those horns in good fettle. I saved for 10 years and bought an ailing Selmer Mk VI and refurbished it too. It’s got a gorgeous sound, but hey I’ve still got a long way to go to make me get the best from it. I’ve been playing sax in jazz combo’s, Big Band and R&B Revue and the sax is such a flexible instrument.

Oh by the way I bought 6 tracks on the 31/5/14, but the system crashed before I could down-load the final track (Un-chained Melody. Could you re-send. Thanks, Steve

john
      Keymaster

Hey thanks Steve, cool story and congrats on the M6, I have one too!
        Yes I’ll send the link to you in an email.
        Johnny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.