Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Hi there

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dave Tucker
    Participant

My name is Dave.I live in the Toronto area. I am 50+ and been wanting to play the Sax for many years. I took clarinet back in elementary school but dropped it before High school. This past August I purchased a Selmer AS500 Aristocrat off ebay for a very reasonable price. I took it to Long & McQuade to have it checked over and tuned. I have not signed up for lessons as of yet. I am practicing as much as I can and following Johnny's tips and advice. I really appreciate the time and effort Johnny has put into these videos. They are a big help when the frustration sets in. After watching 2 particular videos I have switched reeds and I am using the mouthpiece that I got with my Sax S-80 C*. Even with the good equipment it sound's pretty bad when the cheeks and bottom lip get tired. LOL
      I am trying very hard to practice a couple of songs for the upcoming Holidays. Below are some songs that I have been working on.Sometimes I forget that we have to walk before we run. But I am enjoying this. Johnny please keep up the good work. If you ever are in the Toronto area I would like to meet you.

Fly Me To The Moon- I have the sheet music
      O Holy Night
      Jingle Bells
      Simpsons Theme – my nephews request

Dave T

john
      Keymaster

Right on Dave, keep it up!
        Remind me and I may have some play along tracks for Fly Me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.