Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions high notes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    paul kelly
    Participant

Hi Johnny can you tell me please how to stop the E F&F# Palm keys from sounding pinched. for weeks now as I play on my alto sax these notes sound so bad, yet on tenor they Sound Great.The alto has been checked and is in perfect condition.So it must be me, Can you help me please. thanks Paul.

john
      Keymaster

Sounds like the alto is just a little more delicate for your hands. You need to take it one half step at a time. Are you ok going from D D# E?
        D# E F? This is your exercise. Start even before that on C C# D, etc. Figure out exactly where the first problem note is then focus on it and work through it till you smooth it out. This is the only way.
        I may have mentioned something similar in the post about high notes sounding thin and flat so check that video out in the blog section.

paul kelly
        Participant

Hi Johnny just watched your video on high notes, The points you made about high notes I will put them to work on the alto, It’s just a little bit disheartening to hear the alto sound so bad and the tenor sound so good,and yes I can play the plam key D D# they sound ok just E F& F# they sound very thin and weedy.But I will persevere.

john
          Keymaster

Remember that on alto those notes are pretty high, I think the video suggestions will help you there.

john
            Keymaster

i play on a yamaha Alto & i’ve noticed when i play notes using the palm keys its hard to describe but they fall apart,
              in my case i have quite a few reeds which play perfectly ok in all the other registers but not up there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.