Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips How to develop lung capacity

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

saxomonica
      Participant

Anonymous

Hi Saxo, he’s got a Handel on water music and I thought I was surfer-ing!

That’s the wave to play the sax – LOL

He’ll have no problem keeping his reed wet!

Anonymous

If you are going to try out the didgerjerrydoo exercise at home by dipping your sax bell in the toilet bowl, makes sure you flush first.

saxomonica
            Participant

Thanx @sxpoet i might try burbling the local billabong instead, you beaut ‘eh cobber. The toilet bowl has funny antipode circulation. No bullfrog blues either. Hey there, to build the lungs, and to have some power, whatta y’know this particular saxophonist (love him or hate him ‘eh @Jeff) has an underwater saxophone, and, well, now, anyway so he reckons at 2:00 on the vid, check it out –

Anonymous

Saxo, I don’t hate the man! I just don’t like what he did. His stoopid acting out has consequences which affects other street musicians in a negative way. That’s not the way to behave in public.

saxomonica
                Participant

No worries mate! I like the Careless Whisper tune in any event. Pretty catchy! “Let he who has won the palm wear it” lol 🙂

john
                  Keymaster

King Curtis, Waylon, Buddy Holly and Jole Blon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F238KHpgDBM
                    A bit of Jole Blon and King Curtis on Sax

saxomonica
                    Participant

Thanks @Johnny !! Classic gold.
                      King Curtis or Jole Blon didn’t use much tounge rolling in that one?

i remember a few of us were talking about tounge rolling earlier on site …

hey found this link

Flutter Tonguing – The Sexy Sax Secret

john
                      Keymaster

flutter tongue is rolling it….like rolling your R’s
                        some people can’t do it….kinda like not being able to pronounce a word in a different language.
                        it’s a cool technique and I use it occassionaly….not nearly as much as the growl tho.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.