Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax How To Post a Picture Of Your Saxophone

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Don Earnhardt
    Participant

Richard,

No I am definitely not a pro. My formal music education does not go beyond high school, but I have been playing off and on for well over 50 years and have gained experience by playing as much as possible and playing with people that are better than me. During a period of time while I was still working, I did not play at all – about 19 years. Now that I have retired and have a lot of opportunity to participate in many types of bands in the area where I live, I have really focused on playing as much as possible. I have the time to devote to music that I was forced to sacrifice while I was working. I have even gotten my wife into playing saxophone and she has been playing about 3 years now and is progressing quite well. In the various bands we play in, we have rehearsals at least 3-4 times a week and then concerts in addition to, but less frequently than the rehearsals. so we play a lot and I hope to play even more in 2016.

I hope you continue to play and that you have many opportunities to participate with other musicians like I have been able to do. Music has been a major source of joy in my life since I began back in the 5th grade. Music is something you can continue throughout your life unlike sports that require the strength and agility only younger people have.

Good luck to you, and keep working on your skills,
      Don

Don Earnhardt
      Participant

Jazz Cat,

How about a pic of your horns? I have always been intrigued by the C-Melody horns but have not seen one in person nor had the chance to play one. Do they require mouthpieces and reeds specifically for C-Melody, or are they the same as a tenor? Was always curious about that. Also wondered what part you might play if you played a C-Melody in a band. Other than flute, I’m not aware of other instruments that play in C, and the range of a flute probably exceeds that of a C-Melody saxophone. Would be easy to share music with a piano however.

Looks like you and I are both missing a baritone. I have been considering buying one of those, but they are quite expensive. I keep looking for a deal.

Don

Bill Susie
        Participant

Okay, let’s see if Google will let me share this shot. My Yanagisawa T991 with my main squeeze the Barker Vertical bass. Not a particularly great shot of either I’m afraid.

T991

Dazza
          Participant

My New Saxes

My new saxes. Spent my cash on the new MBII so settled for a clock and a framed ornament that sit on my desk at work providing inspiration.

Dazza
            Participant

Nope. Doesn’t seem to be working. Will have to read and retry……

Bill Susie
              Participant

One more time perhaps? Album should be public…

jak Swift
                Participant

I’ve never looked at this page before. That’s a mighty fine selection of horns there Don. You really should get that bari; you wouldn’t regret it.
                  Best..jak😊

Don Earnhardt
                  Participant

Jak, I have added two more horns to the collection since this photo. An alto and a tenor, both SML Gold Medals, the alto from 1956 and the tenor from 1959. I plan to take a photo of the “twins” and post it too. Cannot seem to commit myself to a bari. Expensive, and big and heavy to haul around and play.

brother cavefish
                    Participant

you smoes need to go to photobooth, it free and resize it, this site has limitations

brother cavefish
                      Participant

this is my baby

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 53 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.