Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax i love this 1949 selma

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Z
      Participant

Holy crap yes

Z
        Participant

I listen to this like everyday. You have a legit vintage sound and it’s awesome!! Your subtones are amazing too. Wow

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Hey Ammin–that’s not JB playing. It’s a video he shared of a guy named Ian Boyter…but I sure would like to hear JB do an upload! I heard his demo the other day of flutter tongue and sure sounds like he’s nailed it; not easy to do.

Z
            Participant

That’s not james!? :O well I feel like an idiot.. Oh well.

Anonymous

@Aminn – That must be my 10 minutes of fame! lol

That’s what happens when idiots like me put a post in the wrong forum!

This guy Big Derrik – he reckons
                to play the blues you need a
                vintage sax like his – well that ain’t gonna happen to me for sure!

Anonymous

tequila – by big derrik

Z
                  Participant

He’s right. Vintage horns do have a bit of a different sound.. His in particular is pretty crappy in my opinion. He’s not really someone I’d look up to or take information from because he just doesn’t seen very good to me. Honestly you’re gonna sound like YOU on any horn, on any mouthpiece, on any reed. Differences might be slight between them all, but It’s just figuring out the right combination of equipment to make it the easiest for you to sound like you.

Z
                    Participant

Welllll I’m not sure. Maybe he’s alright and it’s just the recording quality that’s bad. But from that video his tone didn’t sound too good. Sometimes the recording equipment has the biggest impact on our sound ;D haha

Anonymous

i watched all 5 of Big Derriks blues lessons , saw lots of similar stuff that Johnny covers in his major improvisation course!

His sax sounds great in the mid register in some of his recordings / its got a lovely kick in the sound. But the tequila recording isn’t a good sound recording.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.