Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions I need help choosing which saxophone to buy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ilikecheeze
    Participant

I was wondering about which saxophone was better.
      I was going to choose between the Selmer AS-711 and the Yamaha YAS-23. (They are both student Saxes)
      I don't know which one to choose and I've only played alto saxophone for 4 months(I used a rental)
      Thanks for your help!

john
      Keymaster

If you read my reviews which are linked on the homepage menu bar you will see that I highly recommend both Yamaha and Selmer saxes as these two are the ones I know best.

Personally I am a Selmer fan and thats what I own, although it's a top end pro model. and that's where Selmer shines best.

As far as the 2 beginner horns you mention they are about the same and at your level it won't matter which one you buy. Go for the best deal and when you get it take it to a repair shop and make sure there aren't any leaks, working properly etc.

The main things at the starting stage aren't so much which sax you have but your mouthpiece, reeds, and developing a good embouchure. These are the keys to getting a good sound from a horn, the horn itself is secondary at this point, for the next couple of years anyway, depending on your progress of course.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.