Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions I was a street performer today :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Z
    Participant

Here in Iowa we have Old Threshers every year. Our normal population is around 9,000, and Old threshers brings about 40,000 probably. I asked the city council people that are in charge if I could play some music on the square and ask for donations for the trip to Europe I’m taking next summer. They thought it was an awesome idea, so me and a couple of friends played tonight for about an hour on the square and made about $80! I thought that was crazy and it was super fun. We’re going to go back tomorrow and a couple of other days during this week and jam some more. It was a super fun experience. I felt like a real musician 😀

Michael Bishop
      Participant

That is cool to hear Ammin and it’s funny timing you make this post–about a week ago a couple of my friends from the Arkansas Blues Society and I did the exact same thing and it was a blast to say the least. Here where I live, the city requires a permit that cost $40 to do it every 6 months. The Blues Society has a program for the youth/raising $ for buying instruments that they can use while they learn to play. With so many folks going through financial hardships these days, lots of parents just can’t afford to get their son/daughter a guitar, drums, etc., and they really do want to learn how to play an instrument; so it’s a great way to help them out. I think some of the Altissimo notes that I played were heard about 5 streets down from us, at least no one complained about it LOL
        Where in Europe are you looking at going? Planning on taking your Sax with you?

Z
        Participant

Yeah it’s an Iowa Ambassadors of Music trip. They take a bunch of band kids and send them to Europe to perform. It’s ten days and like 7 countries all around Europe. Hopefully I’ll get to do more jazz than anything, but yes, I will be taking the saxes along for sure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.