Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video I'll Be Leaving My Sax For a Few weeks

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jazz Cat
    Participant

have a great trip…getting authentic food is one of the best things about travel…and the scenery

Mark Kiziuk
      Participant

Enjoy your vacation! Now you get to relax and unwind! You deserve a break!
        Mark

Mel
        Participant

Great music! Have an awesome vacation!

Mel

Anonymous

I’ve just received my CD of Fado Bailado by Rao Kyao.

I knew it would be special when Johnny called it ‘really cool’. I’m playing it on repeat, as the sax tone has a relaxed and wonderfully rich mellow tone.
            Canção Do Mar is my favourite track, but they’re all good IMHO. I don’t think a sax tone collection would be complete without this CD.

Thanks for the reference Johnny.

Anonymous

Here’s a sample of track 10.

Haunting Sax

William Cingolani
              Participant

Beautiful sound Jeff

Anonymous

Hi William, I think you would really like this CD, because I was reminded of your playing style when I first listened to it. I’ve been playing this snippet on repeat and just can’t get over his breath control!!! The tracks are very relaxing to listen to, a very welcome addition to my CD collection. I couldn’t find the CD in South Africa, my brother-in-law bought it in the UK and posted it over to me.

john
                  Keymaster

Good stuff jeff. Ya I got it when it was a new release around mid 80’s
                    I don’t think it got huge distribution. I just happened to have visited Portugal
                    around then and lucked on to it that way.
                    Later I bought one of his regular records which was a style of jazz I didn’t like very much.
                    but this fado recording is a treasure.

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.