Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Introduction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Hi Guys,
      My name is Dave, I'm 59 and started teaching myself two years ago…Big Mistake…I finally got a teacher about 6 months ago..good move! Finding your site and lessons I can't thank you enough. I watched your breathing lesson and applied it to my practice last night. I couldn't believe the difference in my tone. I don't sound like I have a sock in my horn anymore. I purchases a pair Paris Selmer SA80's,a Tenor and Alto about sixteen years ago to avoid blaming my horn for my poor playing. Never did get to get started back then, working two jobs, i ended up putting playing the sax on the back burner until now. Anyway I'm looking forward to make new friends,working on these lessons and participating in these forums. Thanks Johnny for taking the time to pass your knowledge to us.

Sincerely Dave

john
      Keymaster

Right on Dave! Good choice on your 2 horns. Yes, that exact breathing technique is what changed it for me as well, that's why I made that lesson… it's the most important thing you can learn to start producing a good tone on your saxophone!

You had a sock in your bell, I sounded like a sick duck! It all starts to change when you start doing things the right way. Took me 2 years. Learning the notes is easy, it's the other "stuff" that can take some time and be a little frustrating at times.

There is another lesson or two on the way that will help even more with your tone and I look forward to posting it here (Lesson Announcements) when it's ready.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.