Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons iPad and Killer Blues with 7 notes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ian McDermid
    Participant

Hi Johnny,

I have purchased your How to play killer blues in 7 notes. I have one gripe that is when I use my iPad I cannot play the flash portions of the book. I can play them on my PC. However, I like to put the iPad on my music stand and play the notes as per the sheet music. As my sight reading is still a bit slow it would be nice to play the videos just to get timing etc.

Is there any way you can make you book more Apple Friendly?

Ian

john
      Keymaster

Hey, I’m a total Apple guy and yes, I went to great lengths and expense to do just that and then found out Amazon’s kindle doesn’t support any video. I decided not to put in into iTunes for books so right now it’s only available as the kindle or the PDF from my site. The problem in doing what I think you are getting at is that even if you had the “apple friendly” version you wouldn’t be able to play a video and put up the music all at once, unless I’m not getting what you’re wanting to do.

You can play the videos on your ipad, but not have the sheet music up so can you make a print out of the music?

Ian McDermid
        Participant

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for your quick response. What I wanted to do was to have the iPad show the same content as the PC. I will try a “Flash” browser such as Puffin. I will let you know how I go.

Ian

Ian McDermid
          Participant

Puffin was not the way forward. After some reflection, you need to make the videos “Safari Friendly” .

Ian

john
            Keymaster

Sorry bout your hassles Ian. Unfortunately it’s not possible to make adjustments to a video that dictate it’s behaviour on the many browsers available. It’s an iPad issue. When I play the videos on safari they are fine.
              Let me know if you want to upload the ePub version, that’s the one I made for iTunes which has all audio and video right on the pages…it’s a 500 mb file though so I’d have to upload it to a service like Dropbox or something.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.