Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax Is a Selmer Mark IV a good Tenor? I found one here in NM for a good price

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hey Johnny,

Looking to be back home in December sometime and be reunited with my Tenor!!! 😀 Being curious, I was browsing online on Craigslist here and came across a local here who is selling his Selmer Mark IV at a very reasonable price. He was only 30 minutes away from where I’m staying with family here so I went to check it out. This gentleman has had this Sax in his garage and doesn’t play anymore due to health. He doesn’t have the MP for it or the neck strap and my Mouthpiece is at home so I didn’t get the chance to blow it myself. I did hold it in my hands and, playing around with the keys, nothing appears to be sticking or anything…….he told me he kept it in good condition and that certainly seems to be the case. Seeing how it’s been sitting in his garage for quite a while, I would go ahead and take it to the guys at the repair shop anyway.
      I know you play one of the Selmer lines of Tenor Saxophones and was wondering if this Mark IV would be worth taking back home with me? The only “problem” is that my savings was going for a new Trevor James Alto Sax and that was going to be coming very, very soon.
      t33l9-57.jpg

john
      Keymaster

Michael, technically speaking there’s no such thing as a Mark IV. it’s actually a Balanced Action model. These were excellent horns nevertheless and they preceed the Mark V1. I’ve Heard of one going for $6200. I’ve never triedd playing one so can’t tell you how they compare to a Mark VI.
        Get the serial # and go check it out on this site:
        http://www.saxophone.org/museum/serialNumbers#manufacturer-1

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Thanks for the link Johnny–definitely will check it out. Looking forward to being back home!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.