Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video it doan me a ting if it aint gat dat swing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

john
      Keymaster

cool, never heard this before but I like the guitar surf bands

Anonymous

i love this track, because i hear tracks like this, and wonder how
          do you play the sax to music like this, and sax comes in line with the
          guitar chords and changes, and the tone blends in.

also an interesting interview as well, about instrument history

john
          Keymaster

what I do to “fit in” is to play a kind of “rythme sax” which is more like a bass part but probably not as busy.
            pick 2 or 3 notes and build a line with it that fits in. so it’s adding a bit but not getting in the way….and then SOLO!

Anonymous

Currently crossing over in a lot of styles with practicing, jazz to get some control of articulation, classical to get the tones and timing.

Thanks for the feed back, somewhat like starting out on drums, practice
              with one stick and one drum till you get the timing beat (or one note on the sax) before bringing the second drum days later (two alternative notes on the sax) … i can hear the sax in parts mimicking the drum pattern, this
              is where the jazz exercises pay dividends. Then you can play a long note and drop back in and out of the rhythms.

Currently working through the standard 12 major scales II V I, just using
              2 notes in a bar (1 2 1 2) per scale, and i keep getting reigned in by the
              pro to stick in time with the chord changes, before getting into more complex variations going up to 8 notes per bar, while tracking in with chord time.

saxomonica
              Participant

Thanx @sxpoet for the deliverance of the excellent interview per Dick Dale and the great earlier track. Carving.
                Awesome surf guitar hero and plays just like Jimmie – upside down. And wow he is a sax and harp player too! Drummin’

Yes re your drumming tempo getting ahead of yourself – this is what happened to Charlie Parker when he got his first big break ..
                So hang in there good buddy. Soon you’ll be laughing like our Principal Tutor, that is being of extraordinary Centurion status.
                Good work @Johnny in raising a statue more lasting than bronze, so to speak. What a hootenanny!!

This thread is a happennin’ thang. You beaut, a road trip. To the surf! in great time!!

Anonymous

Like It Saxomonica – starts off dah dada dah da dadah dah taaaaaaaaaaaaaH- fits in with the drum beat, very rhythmic, can pick
                  out lots of different rhythmic variations.. great stuff from JF (Sax God).

On a totally different note, started back water colour art classes after a break

http://fav.me/dcyj7t6

wish i had time to get into more….but the sax is more fun..

john
                  Keymaster

thanks guys. strange seeing that on youtube cause I never did upload it so I checked it out and learned that youtube generates playlists automatically and now they have a channel with a bunch of my stuff all generated by youtube.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.