Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Johnny, I recommend you start a new major forum thread, "New Music Releases"

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jazz Cat
    Participant

Johnny, I’d like to recommend you start a new forum thread, “New Music Releases” for us to discuss your new releases; like Mercy, nice job on tenor improv, well played:

Mercy Mercy Mercy Saxophone Music and Backing Track

(curious does it include solo transcribed in sheet music?)

Pete
      Participant

Yes solo included in sheet music, don’t know how Johnny does it wish I could
        keep trying though.

wayne wojnarowski
        Participant

I agree with both of you I said it before and I’ll say it again , Johnnie You Kick Ass , good for you man keep it up !!

wayne wojnarowski
          Participant

Jazz Cat Yes I agree , could I just jam in A major I think that’s the key Johnnie said would be good for alto, but you know what Johnnie I’ve been playing along with your You Tube
            soprano release, and I’ m playing in alto f# is that right??????????

wayne wojnarowski
            Participant

Johnnie I just listened to your tenor mercy I take that back you kick better ass on tenor ,!!!! Give us some alto PLEASE!!!

wayne wojnarowski
              Participant

Hey Johnnie were you just stretching your hand in the beginning of the soprano song starting on 3 ??

john
                Keymaster

Wayne, for alto you’d play in A major.
                  I keep these solos simple so I can easily transcribe them and most of you can play them.
                  If you analyse them you’ll see what I mean. In Mercy, it just uses the major scale.
                  what I used to do was listen to a solo I liked then pick one lick and copy it.
                  once you copy a lick you can use it many times over in different tunes (recycle).
                  in this case, you have the entire solo written out so you don’t even have to figure out any of the licks you want to learn.
                  when you do this, realize the relationship of the notes in that lick to the key (scale) you’re in, this is helpful to transpose it
                  to another key.

wayne wojnarowski
                  Participant

Hey Johnnie I’m going to tell you why I thought I was in F# while playing along with your video, the first note of the solo is f# isn’t it so I thought DUH you must be in f# soprano????But there’s a f# in a major so are alto and soprano in the same key?? Pardon my ignorance when you say all the licks are written out you mean in the downloads that we can buy? That’s why i listen to the video to see what I can copy it gets tough always rewinding, I really like the beginning lick of your soprano solo, that would be a excellent lick to do in commonly used keys, Finally are you just stretching your hand before you come in with your soprano playing

wayne wojnarowski
                    Participant

Geez Johnnie I hope you don’t think I’m some sort of thief, I’ve got a Honest love and desire to want to learn this horn, a so-so ear but that has saved me a lot by listening and copying or emulating players you like. I’ll bet you still do it! I understand that money makes the world go round It’s a bad time of year in my business, strapped for cash, maybe you can toss a few bones out for us HUNGRY DOGS who really want to learn. Peace and Love

wayne wojnarowski
                      Participant

Hey Johnnie I meant to ask you this. Can we send Mp3’s to the blog site if so how , I think yesterday i listened to Jeff’s playing on what I don’t know, when you tapped on his link a dark gray bar popped up and you pressed play, nice and easy I have such a hard time making videos as I told Jeff that sending either his form of audio file or sending a mp3 would be easier for me anyone else have any comments???????? Don’t get me wrong I will get better but until then, would you know why it would take my computer about 50min. to upload a 4 min video of me playing??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.