Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Jose Luis – from Kansas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jose Luis Hinojosa
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m a returning Alto Sax player (haven’t played much in the last 40 years) and just signed up for the Premium Membership – excited! Hope to learn and engage with this incredible membership. Blessings to all.
      PS – I’m also a Family Physician and a book author. Here’s my website: BooksByDrHinojosa.com

jake
      Participant

WELCOMe. I’ve been a member for a few years here!!
        Just joined premium as well!!

Jose Luis Hinojosa
        Participant

Thanks for the welcome, Jake. I’m working on a few songs to play (solo) at my friend’s wedding in Vegas soon. What are you working on?

saxomonica
          Participant

Hiya Doctor Jose!

Wow, Sir, it is a timely honour being to welcome you to Johnny’s site. Welcome!!
            Checked out your book website and it warmed the cockles of my heart to perceive.
            Thanking you kindly for the full and wonderful harmonious life you lead by example.
            Bless your healing hands, your huge heart and beating cotton sox. Tuff lips to you.
            And, thanks evers so much for joining and by chance being part of his founding team.

Says Louis Pasteur, chance favours the prepared mind.

jake
            Participant

I play in a classic rock duo. My buddy play Rythym guitar leaving me for all the leads on sax. Most of the songs we do don’t have sax in them so I spend a lotta time transposing.
              We do songs like hotel California, brown eyed girl, keep your hands to yourself and of course sax friendly urgent and old time rock n roll!!! So much fun.

john
              Keymaster

yes a big welcome Jose! Good luck with those new tunes…

@saxomonica
                , speaking of timely…Tic Toc is one of my upcoming featured tunes for you guys. It will not only have full note-for-note transcription with backing track but also a tutorial as this performance by the great Lee Allen is a treasure chest full of brilliant blues/rock licks. You could literally take away dozens of ideas but even if you only steal 2 or 3 you’ll be doing great…and you will!

Jose Luis Hinojosa
                Participant

Thank you kindly for your welcoming remarks, Saxomonica! I am speechless.
                  Also, quite appropriate that you posted a video of 1958 – a good year. 🙂

Jose Luis Hinojosa
                  Participant

Love it, Jake! For my friend’s wedding, I’m doing Ave Maria (bride’s request), Amazing Grace, Maria Elena (my wife’s name!), and What a Wonderful World. For now, I’m playing without backing tracks – but now that I’m a member, I look forward to playing with them! Then, at the reception, they’ve hired a band (without horns/woodwinds) and the couple have requested a cumbia, La Gallina.
                    Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dVESK9rSmM

Jose Luis Hinojosa
                    Participant

Thanks for this great opportunity, Johnny! 🙂

john
                      Keymaster

sounds like fun Luis. I think you have access to 3 out of those 4 songs you mentioned…good luck with the wedding! (get someone to film your performance)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.