Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself just joined how to play saxaphone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    theo
    Participant

HI all just joined the site looking round and it seems a realy good site site for tips , lessons and the like .I am from nottingham in the UK 62 years young picked up the sax awhile ago but put it down for the last 7 year’s.I would like to get into the blues I have a yanagiawa tenor which I did not like the sound of too bright but now after playing around with reeds and the mouth piece got a nice dark sound and looking forward to learningthe lessonson there and pinch the tips 😀

john
      Keymaster

Hi, welcome Theo. Sounds like you got a very nice horn. What mp and reeds are you using with it?

Johnny

theo
        Participant

Hi Johnny. the mp is a selmer 5* and the reed is rico 2 for the moment, I have soft embouchure at the moment but I am sure that it will toughen up the longer I keep blowing the horn.

john
          Keymaster

Yes, sounds like a good setup, as you say, later on you can go for a wider mp and even bump up to a 2 1/2 reed…this will give you a bigger sound, but will require more air/work also!

theo
            Participant

yea tried a 2 1/2 but not ready just yet but did not think of mp change.But will give it at bit longer to build up first I think

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.