Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds Just ordered the Hemp and Onyx.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,

I just ordered the Fiberreed Onyx and Hemp in the size that I think is right from me–medium soft. Really excited to try them out. For some reason, if medium soft is too thin for me, I’ll order them again in Medium. I was reading your review and you mentioned Medium was just right for you, but that’s probably too big for me at this moment in time.
      I’m really curious how they compare to the Fibracells I’m using now. Thanks! 🙂

john
      Keymaster

ya Michael I noticed in my emails that you placed the order, you’ll get it very soon.
        well, I went from my java 3 to an onyx medium. this was perfect for me.
        if you’re playing java 2.5 then you’ll probably be good with the onyx medium soft, so I think you made the right choice…but you’ll soon find out!
        anyway, you’ll be able to compare the the hemp, onyx and fibracel so that will be interesting. make sure you let us know what you think after playing them for a few days.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

The Fibracells are making my practices so much easier and better–less time spent on caring for cane reeds, more consistent playing, etc.. I’m taking to my Sax lesson tomorrow, see what he says about them. I mentioned Fiberreeds to him, said he’s heard of them but never played them, so it will be cool to also bring those for him to try too. He uses D’Addario Jazz Select reeds.

brother cavefish
          Participant

i had a carbon fiber onyx soft, and it was too soft so i filed the end down and it became alot firmer,,,,D’Addario Jazz Select reeds. they are great

brother cavefish
            Participant

i was thinking about rolling down on a hemp myself, a little too much on the dousy dough, when you get it throw a couple of short lics with each

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.