Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire King Curtis “Green Onions” Sax Song :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 I’ve always been a big fan of the famous song “Green Onions” that was featured on the movie “American Graffiti” as I was raised around Muscle Cars/Classics. My Dad ran a business for 35 years of restoring muscle cars and recently retired. When I was a kid, we must have watched American Graffiti 1,000 times. My favorite scene is at the end with Harrison Ford in his 57 Chevy getting ready to race to local Coupe, and it was here where they’re playing “Green Onions”. It’s a perfect example of a terrific song that is based off of a basic blues scales with 7 notes or less.
      King Curtis recorded a Sax version of this great song–listen to the Sax playing on this one 🙂 This version of the “Green Onions” and Lee Allen’s song “Walking with Mr. Lee” always puts me in a good mood!

http://youtu.be/5hjviOE1f5w

john
      Keymaster

Fabulous arrangement, it’s not just the sax player, all the band players are top notch players.
        I firmly believe if you’re surrounded by great players it makes you feel good and you want to give it more when you play!
        Thats why Johnnys backing track are a lot better to play along to than some of the backing tracks on the internet.

Luis Rivera
        Participant

Amen, when you are surround by greatness you kinda force to have to lift yourself to that level. A local musician came over to house (via friend) for BBQ and when I broke out the sax. He broke out his electric guitar and we just jam all night. Let me tell you, it felt good and set the mood for the rest of the night. We had our own music and the surrounding houses enjoyed it!

Thanks for sharing that clip of Green Onions – “King” Curtis WoW!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.