Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video King Porter Stomp by Benny Goodman Saxophone Soli

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Z
    Participant

Hey everybody, here is a link to me playing all four parts to the saxophone soli of Benny Goodman’s King Porter Stomp, arranged by Fletcher Henderson!

saxomonica
      Participant

Stompin, Aminn!
        Note perfect!
        Hey where can one “scoop” one of those regal harnesses?
        cheers mate 🙂

Anonymous

Wow, you have the timing of a Swiss Watch!!!

john
          Keymaster

nice Aminn, have you ever checked out the Charlie Parker’s sax quartet charts?
            His solo’s transcribed and arranged for a sax quartet…crazy.
            we used to try tackling them when I was in college…a real blast AND challenging!

Z
            Participant

Thanks everybody!

Saxomonica, it’s a JazzLab Saxharness. I got mine on Amazon right here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005J3EZZY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526681817&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=sax+harness+jazzlab&dpPl=1&dpID=51ItXu8edFL&ref=plSrch

It’s really nice; and takes all of the weight off of your neck and puts it onto your shoulders, which is much more comfortable.

Johnny, I have heard of those! I haven’t thought about trying to play through any of them but that sounds like a super great time and challenge!

Paul Romanow
              Participant

Hey, that looks like a 1920’s Conn Alto, from the micro tuner on the neck. I have one, about 1926 from the serial number.

Louis
                Participant

That indeed looks like a Conn alto for sure with the micro tuner! Great sound!

Z
                  Participant

Thanks everybody! That is a Conn Chu Berry, New Wonder Series II alto! It was either made in 1927 or 1929; I bought it overhauled about a year ago. It plays great!

Paul Romanow
                    Participant

Those Conn’s do play great.

I picked up my ’26 Conn alto, ’74 King Tenor and a Noblet clarinet for $500 for the set about 25 years ago, had the Conn overhauled a couple of years ago. I love it.

Jose Luis Hinojosa
                      Participant

Nice, Aminn! You rock!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.