Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons Listen to this

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Mel.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Johnny, hope you don’t mind me plugging a music book, that my teacher has on sale in the Uk?

http://www.tuxedopublications.co.uk/#

For anyone who is learning the sax, flute or clarinet, there are 12 songs in it which are quite catchy with the backing track.

Anonymous

this is another one of his music books, that has been around for sometime, but is much harder for to play

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Melodies-Alto-Saxophone-Hollis/dp/9043114553

Anonymous

Hi sxpoet, I have a copy of the ‘Great Melodies’ book too. There’s some good tunes in there, my favourite is ‘Double Density’.

Anonymous

Hi Jeff, i haven’t tried the 2nd book yet, as it’s grade 5 and above, and i’m only theory wise between grade 3 & 4. In terms of playing with backing tracks i’m between grade 2 and 3.

john
            Keymaster

no of course I don’t mind

Anonymous

Thanks Johnny, when i get chance, i’ll send you a copy of his latest music book. If you give private music lessons, the tunes in them are very playable and catchy for students.

john
                Keymaster

hey sxpoet, I just received the books you sent me by mail, thanks for that!
                  was wondering if he’s done any performance of these songs online anywhere?

Anonymous

Hi Johnny, you’re welcome. I sent you them just to give you an idea of what students like me with at least 3 yrs lessons practice should be able to play at uk grade 3 abrsm standard.

In answer to your question, he hasn’t performed any of them online that i am aware, i think because you get to hear them on the downloadable backing tracks.

I’ve tried them on the Alto sax, played them alongside Paul in his lessons, but i’ve not heard what they sound like on Tenor sax.

I keep asking him to do some more, but he struggles to find the time.

Anonymous

here’s one of his recordings on youtube

john
                      Keymaster

ya very nice player!
                        I know what he means about finding the time….I would be happy to try 1 o 2 for you but am up to my eye balls in work!
                        cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.