Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone "Love Lifts Us Up Where we Belong" on tenor sax paying tribute to the Bloody 100

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    William Cingolani
    Participant

john
      Keymaster

Nice William, and you’re gettin those low tenor notes which aren’t always easy!

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Thanks for posting this one William, this is an eye opener for sure because I’ve loved this song for so, so long but it never crossed my mind to do it on the Saxophone. I’m putting this on my to-do list for the Alto, the female vocalist Jennifer Warnes in this song really hits well with me. That’s the great thing about this song because the male vocalist Joe Cocker’s voice is perfect for Tenor Sax. Thanks for posting this one 🙂

wayne wojnarowski
          Participant

Nice job bud very fitting on the day after Pearl Harbor Day ! Just think Ladies and Gentleman of this great website if it weren’t for the courageous men and woman of the armed forces around THIS GREAT WORLD we would not be able to enjoy what we love most!! BLOWING OUR HORNS!! Happy Holidays To All!! Peace and Love!!

William Cingolani
            Participant

Thanks Johnny, Michael, and Wayne. I went back to my JodyJazz metal mouthpiece. I used my JodyJazz NY 7*, Java 2 reed. I discovered while blowing this song which begins in the horn’s key of E major (last 16 measures are in F major) that going from the low B up to a G sharp I keep my left hand in the low B position and just release the 4 keys depressed by my right hand/fingers and I get a G sharp.

john
              Keymaster

hey William regarding that fingering…are you sure, cause the right pinky is on the low B key and when you raise the 4 left fingers you should also move the right pinky over from the B to the G# key on that same cluster. check that out

William Cingolani
                Participant

Hi Johnny,
                  I checked this chart before mentioning an alternate fingering for G#. We’ll talk more about it later today. First I’ll get my sax blowing to check it out.

http://www.wfg.woodwind.org/sax/sax_alt_1.html

William Cingolani
                  Participant

Hi Johnny,
                    Who’s on first? My left pinky is on the low B key, and when I raise raise my four right fingers and keep my left pinky on the low B key keeping the left three keys pressed I do get a G#.

john
                    Keymaster

yes, totally correct…sorry I misunderstood before and was not holding my sax so wasn’t clear on your explanation.
                      that is a good little trick which I’ve used before but oh so rarely.

William Cingolani
                      Participant

Thanks Johnny. The sax is one fantastic instrument.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.