Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Lovely Day – Bill Withers Tune

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

Mike that was great.

Mike Potter
      Participant

Wow James, thank you for the info! I go on youtube to look at mix down ideas and it becomes a bit overwhelming….

Anonymous

Hi Mike,
          i bought a couple of logic pro aps

here’s one on mixing, i haven’t bought this one, so i cant comment on it.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/course-for-mixing-in-logic-pro/id974871270

Some of the courses are far too complicated for me, i’m sure you need a degree in sound engineering to understand some of the stuff.

Bill Hammond
          Participant

I am always struggling to get the right amount of effects, both while making a recording as well as live performance. I really don’t know much about it, however while recording, I add and adjust the effects after recording with built in effects. I just started using garage band and it seems to be effective. While playing live I am at the mercy of the person running the mix board to add the proper amount. I have also used my own effects processors and have tried a few effects/harmonizers. I am still looking for the right equipment. If anyone has a suggestion for a processor that is simple to use I would appreciate any suggestions.

Anonymous

Garage band is the goto for students and anyone with very little knowledge of music software, designed to be a lot easier to use. The quality of the recordings are very good and good enough for students to create demo tapes.

Unfortunately my music software knowledge is also limited, and done through trial and error. Once you use Logic pro, you wont’t go back to using garage band, it’s just the same as garage band but with tons more options, bells and whistles.

Bottom line, is if you intend to do lots of recordings every day, then get logic pro, if you’re just going to record once a week or month then use garage band instead.

With logic pro, you need to view onlne videos or online youtube courses to see the staggering amount of options available when doing a mix.

Also Consider 8 track digital recorders as an alternative, they allow you to record musical instruments without the use of a pc or laptop.
              They allow you to either create a track of your recording or mix it with a backing track and create a mixed track.

RockinRobin
              Participant

I had logic pro. It was so complicated. I threw it away and burned the disks in the front yard. I prefer garage band and I don’t use any GarageBand effects. I rely on my preamp. johnny told me to keep every thing flat in GarageBand and use my preamp. Don’t even use the gain on my interface. Just use my preamp.Just me, my horn, and, you know, my preamp. Lots of pros use Logic. I’m not a pro. Just got a horn and a preamp..

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.