Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Making progress

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

Since I made a change in mouthpieces I’m making some progress. I switched from my Guardala fiber carbon mouthpiece to my Guardala metal fatboy and the low Bb was easier to blow coming off the middle Bb. I’m blowing one of Johnny’s music pieces in Bb. Catch you on the flip side when the fat lady sings
      William

RockinRobin
      Participant

In about a year I might have it. I’ve been working on it since November 2019

Anonymous

i remember when i finally switched to a metal guardala mouthpiece, i could do various articulations that my old mouthpiece wouldn’t allow me to do. The wrong Mouthpiece can hold you back.

However, the difference was noticeable in a few days, not weeks or months. Also bear in mind i had my metal guardala for several years, and in earlier years i couldn’t use it as it was too difficult to use – so every few months i used to try it out and put it away.

I think when my embouchure improved with the older mouthpiece over the years, it prepared me for the guardala. So if you still have problems don’t throw away your old mouthpiece just yet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.