Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire "Maneater" by Hall and Oates, would it make a good Saxophone Instrumental?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey guys,
      I’ve learned all of the alto sax lines for “I can’t Go For That” by Hall and Oates and I’m working on the main melody, it’s turning out really nice 🙂 It will all be on the Also Saxophone. It’s one of those songs that, even though the Sax solo is so popular, I wasn’t sure if it would make a great Saxophone Instrumental, kind of like it is with “Urgent” (I’ve learned the solo to Urgent and know I’m working on the rest of Johnny’s sheet music for the main melody). Those are all great songs we all love, but we’re not sure if they would make good Saxophone Instrumentals if you follow my meaning.
      I was wondering what you guys would think if this other song by Hall and Oates “Man Eater”, whether you think it would make a good Instrumental. This one would definately be on the Tenor Sax. I’m just about done with “Smooth Operator” by Sade, just putting finishing touches on the main melody. I’m playing it on the Tenor (that famous solo was played on Tenor) and it sounds great; even though with Sade being a female artist we would normally associate that with the Alto Sax/the singer’s voice.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.