Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Michael Brecker I Mouthpiece

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

I switched mouthpieces today. Still working on “Wave”.with my Michael Brecker I.and a soft onyx reed. Sounds good to me
      William

john
      Keymaster

is Wave the chart you had problems with?

RockinRobin
        Participant

“Wave” is one of those Jobim melodies in F minor7 Bb7 for tenor sax.No problem. Just need to keep at it.
          William

RockinRobin
          Participant

Correction: “Wave” is the chart I have problems with. Chart is divided into 4 sections. A, B, C, and D. 12 measures of A, 12 measures of B. 8 measures of C and 12 measures of D. Two dots mean repeat starting with section A. A string orchestra comes in and on section C lead sax picks uo and plays through sections C and D. I need a music director to help me keep the beat
            William

saxomonica
            Participant

Hi William; good luck with the song, mate. ‘Genius is patience’. Ya? I use my Otto Link 7* always lately, heya you got me thinkin’ to try my Selmer S80 D* again soon to see any difference. Thanks! I gonna try a Legere synthetic and do have one to pick up from the Post Office i recently ordered. But i heard they crack easy. Next i gotta try some of @John ‘s but the postage is about the same as the reed which has been putting me off to date. So. A tip i can share with keeping the beat, that is if ya interested, is get a bass drum foot pedal (2nd hand somewhere. like pawnbroker, say) and offer it up to the wall or the side of your desk, play along with the original air or a backing track keeping time on the foot pedal at the start of each bar. Then play again this time with your sax. You foot will tap and keep time and your whole body shakin’ soon enough too! Ripping!! Spiffing, jolly good show old chap. Also, next, mayhap using a drummer’s high hat with foot pedal (cheap 2nd hand) as a supplementary exercise is of manifest timing benefit.
              Just sayin’
              Cheers
              Mark
              🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.