Skip to main content
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    paddy jordan
    Participant

Hi Johnny just been listing to your harlem nocturne wow ! its a fine take you put a lot of soul into that, i was wondering what mic you used on the recording ,
      paddy

john
      Keymaster

AKG C 1000 S
        it’s fine for the money but nothing like the large diaphragm condensers I’ve had the privelage of using in professional studios that can cost many 1000’s of dollars.

Dazza
        Participant

Just curious. When you record the songs you dont appear to have ear phones in so how do you hear track with out it being audible back through the mic which for me is the problem I have trying to record.

Dazza
          Participant

Having thought about that I guess you are probably just playing the track and recording the lot at once not mixing back to the program it comes from like I am doing with Audacity. I really cant get the sound right throught the Behringer mixer which is why I havent blogged as yet. The sax is either too soft or distorted when I turn the mic up.It’s a bit frustrating I thought it would be easier than it is to get a decent souind recorded.

john
            Keymaster

my mic is in front of the sax (directly up a bit near the camera) my speakers are pretty much out of the mic’s close proximity pick up range.
              I mix this (in Pro Tools) over the backing track so now I can blend the 2 tracks. of course there is minor leakage but the sax is so much up front and after blending in the regular backing track you can’t notice it because it’s playing over the same track.

john
              Keymaster

you need a decent (not awesome) mic going into a preamp. that’s the trick. the preamp can improve the sound.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.