Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Mouthpiece patches

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Just wonder what your thoughts are on them and any recommendations on good ones. Thanks in advance.

Rog

john
    Keymaster

There never was one that my teeth didn’t bite through so there never was one that worked for me because of an extremely hard bite.
      On my metal Guardala mp I got around this problem by using a powdered chemical mix dentists use to make dentures.
      This sounds crazy at first but I got the idea from Dave Guardala himself who told me that’s the stuff they used on the mp’s originally.
      If you’re using a hard rubber style just try e few different patches and you’ll quickly discover which one works best for you.

Cool hahaha! Thanks for replying :-). Have a great week.

Rog

Cool hahaha! Thanks for replying :-). Have a great week.

Rog

Michael Bishop
      Participant

I didn’t even know they made mouthpiece patches–what can I say, I’m a beginner. Which reminds me Johnny, I’m on page 49 in your ebook and are making sure I have EVERYTHING down before moving on; working on a video that I will make for my youtube channel and will share with you, letting other Sax players out there know that I’ve been learning from you from this site, your book, etc..

john
        Keymaster

Not everyone will need a mp patch, only those that tend to do damage to the top of it with their bite.
          Good on you for considering to do a video at this early stage!
          I think it’s great and will be good for you and others that are doing a similar thing.

Johnny

Michael Bishop
          Participant

I waited 17 years to get my hands on a Sax and start learning how to play, so I’ve waited too long to be shy. I was under the impression that so many people are under, that Saxophones are too expensive to buy, not true. And I did get my new ligature/mouthpiece, it’s pretty incredible to see personally the difference that it has made in the sound of my Alto–see there, I AM taking my time to make sure I learn everything correctly 🙂 I’ll message you when I have the video up on my youtube channel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.