Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone My 12 hour progress video.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    john springer
    Participant

Here is my 12 hr Progress video. It includes Amazing Grace and a fingering exercise using the C maj scale

Anonymous

Well played. tuning pitch needs working on, i suggest not using vibrato
        when practicing improving pitch. Otherwise great overall performance.

saxomonica
        Participant

Brilliant! 🙂

Martin Pavíček
          Participant

After 12 hours – that’s amazing. Have you ever played any other instrument, is that so?

PS: It’s like I’ve seen myself about two years ago. So I see what you’re going to do all the time in the near future :-).

Michael Bishop
            Participant

For only 12 hours, that’s pretty good! Very inspiring 🙂 Cool to see how much fun you’re having on the Sax. Keep playing away. Like Sxpoet said, be mindful of your tuning–it’s one of those things that never stops; even for Seasoned Professionals. Keep up the great work 🙂

john springer
              Participant

Thanks. I played guitar for 5 years and piano on and off for a few years – nothing formal. I also played trombone in the 9th and 10th grades – ha ha. I am 53 now.

john springer
                Participant

I got high praise from my 22 year old daughter. Today she said I suck less than I did last week and now she only has to take one Tylenol for her resulting headache. Ha ha.

john
                  Keymaster

very nice John!
                    you were actually playing the entire thing one note out…meaning, the very 1st note is a pick-up. so the 2nd note is beat one of bar one.
                    so playing the pick-up note as the 1st note of bar one you where one note removed during the whole thing….make sense?

john springer
                    Participant

Thanks Johnny. I thought there was something odd with the rhythm. I am surprised that was able to maintain the one-off through the entire piece. ha ha.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.