Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video My all time fave…..KC, with a rare one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bill Mecca
    Participant

My all time Fave…. King Curtis… this is one you don’t hear often

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/sUYrC_JYp6s&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Great stuff Bill 🙂 King Curtis is one of my top 3 favorite Sax players of all time, we’re never gonna see anyone else like him. Here in the south where I live with folks who are 45/50 years old and older, his playing is still popular even down to this day. Sadly, there’s lots of very talented younger players who are heavy into playing the modern kind hip-hop type of Sax playing and they’ve never even heard of King Curtis.

Anonymous

Oh no! That video is not available to South Africa!

Well here’s one that I really like, which is available.

Bill Mecca
          Participant

I have that session on CD, Live At Montreux…. its’ killer, especially since Jack used to vary the song structure depending upon his mood, or what beer he was on…LOL and KC had to adapt….

Michael, I heard someone compare KC to Jr. Walker and said KC may have been more famous if he was a better singer… Totally ignored the fact that Curtis was murdered outside his home in NYC. (just a couple weeks after this performance.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.