Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax MY BABY

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fergus O Sullivan
    Participant

Hi Everyone ,

Here is my little baby, It’s a Bronze Yanigisawa T902 fabulous instrument I bought it new last April without much
      knowledge of Saxe’s but did alot of research on it and spent a lot of money for my first tenor but its going no where
      think i got a partner for life!!!!!!!!! I’m still using the hard rubber mouthpiece & lig that came with it but might start
      experimenting with a new set up shortly, any advice would be welcome on mouthpiece’s & reeds.

Regards Fergus

[img]https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/x16zh-IMG_0738.JPG[/img]

john
      Keymaster

Hey Fergus, good choice! So what is the mp that came with it?

Fergus O Sullivan
        Participant

Hey Johnny,
          It’s a Yanagisawa ebonite no 6 and I use Vandoren ZZ Jazz # 2 reeds

john
          Keymaster

sounds ok. You could try 2.5 reeds before worrying about another mp as the 6 is not real open so a slightly harder reed might start to give you a bigger tone. Give the reeds a chance though, don’t just buy a box and give up if the first one sucks, try them all and then stick to the best feeling one and play it everyday to wear it in a bit or else you might never know.
            I’m using the zz’s on the alto as well and they are pretty good right out of the box so when you get the good one it shouldn’t take long at all.

cheers
            Johnny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.