Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax my collection

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

Finally pulled the trigger and got a Bari sax. it is an older Selmer USA . Haven’t got to play it yet as I’m still waiting for a mouthpiece that I ordered. So excited to try it out.

So this puts me at 5 saxes now.
      1. No named silver alto sax.
      2. Conn 21m alto sax.
      3. Vito tenor sax.
      4. Hawk tenor sax.
      5. Selmer Bari sax.

Too bad I can only play one at a time. LOL
      [img]https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/0cv1v-002.JPG[/img]
      [img]https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/4o5h0-003.JPG[/img]

john
      Keymaster

that’s an oder bari without the low A?

Anonymous

Wow – cool collection!
          do the altos & tenors sound vastly different when you use the same alto/tenor mouthpiece?

jake
          Participant

yep. it goes to low Bb. I initially was looking for a low A bari but couldn’t pass up the deal I got on this one. Hope its not too much of a big deal. I’m sure I will run into songs that I wish I had the low A though. LOL. We shall see.

Sxpoet, no I don’t find major sound differences with the saxes. I do find that the playability of them changes though. For example my hawk seems and feels so much better and easier to play than the vito tenor does. It may because the vito is from the 70’s whereas the hawk was brand new. I’m still too much of a novice to give a full critique comparison on them though.
            When I picked up the bari, the key work felt different to me. There may be a slight learning curve to nail all the notes. Will def be working on the chromatics like a madman when I get my mouthpiece next week. I think it would be pretty cool to use all 3 in a song, kinda like Kevin did with one of his songs on the blog (in the still of the night). I will def be playing around with some various ideas.

Anonymous

wow Jake – so much looking forward to hearing the bari !!
              You mention the playability, that’s why if i step up to a pro-alto (years away),
              i might feel more confident with a newer sax, then again, as Johnny says – try before you buy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.