Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax My Horn Collection – Louie

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  saxomonica 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Louis
    Participant

Below are my horns! I also have a C Melody Conn that needs full overhauled, once it is done I’ll show that as well!

Martin Handcraft Imperial Bari Sax

Conn 6m Naked Lady Alto

Conn 10m Naked Lady Tenor

Conn Chu Berry Tenor

Yamaha YSS-475 Soprano

jake
    jake
    Participant

IMPressive list!

Louis
    Participant

I guess it is a list, eh? There were supposed to be pics with it, but I guess that is what I get for using my smart phone! I’ll try it with my computer.

Louis
    Participant

Saxphone Collection

Louis
    Participant

Louis
    Participant

So I think this works. First picture is the Martin Bari, followed by the Conn 10m Naked Lady Tenor, the Conn Chu Berry Tenor, the Conn 6m Naked Lady Alto, and the Yamaha YSS-475 Soprano. Sorry for the error!

Ridge
    Ridge
    Participant

Nice older horns you have there and having heard your recordings you do play them well. I own a Buescher Alto Aristocrat (1970) I think it is a very good horn similar to a Con.

Louis
    Participant

I have always wanted to try out a Buescher! How do you like yours?

saxomonica
    Participant

Yo @louis you got some very classy machinery there cobber! All them silver plated tenors are sensuous ..

@jake well, now, bloke them there sure seem to cut it for our LISTening pleasure? Spiffing hey what.

@ridge sounds like you gotta great axe to grind out some sweet tunes with there mate, itza bobby dazzler?

Gents, FYI have found the site below of pertinent interest, that is if you haven’t seen it before.
    Good read on LHS side keys too, half way down, “Sax tone and intonation” for your reeding pleasure.
    Cheers, Mark

schooloftherock.com/html/evaluating_vintage_saxophones.html

saxomonica
    Participant

um, err
    Hominis est erres (L.) it belongs to man to err.

https://schooloftherock.com/html/evaluating_vintage_saxophones.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.