Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax My Horn Collection – Louie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Louis
    Participant

Below are my horns! I also have a C Melody Conn that needs full overhauled, once it is done I’ll show that as well!

Martin Handcraft Imperial Bari Sax

Conn 6m Naked Lady Alto

Conn 10m Naked Lady Tenor

Conn Chu Berry Tenor

Yamaha YSS-475 Soprano

jake
      Participant

IMPressive list!

Louis
        Participant

I guess it is a list, eh? There were supposed to be pics with it, but I guess that is what I get for using my smart phone! I’ll try it with my computer.

Louis
          Participant

Saxphone Collection

Louis
            Participant

Louis
              Participant

So I think this works. First picture is the Martin Bari, followed by the Conn 10m Naked Lady Tenor, the Conn Chu Berry Tenor, the Conn 6m Naked Lady Alto, and the Yamaha YSS-475 Soprano. Sorry for the error!

Ridge
                Participant

Nice older horns you have there and having heard your recordings you do play them well. I own a Buescher Alto Aristocrat (1970) I think it is a very good horn similar to a Con.

Louis
                  Participant

I have always wanted to try out a Buescher! How do you like yours?

saxomonica
                    Participant

Yo @Louis you got some very classy machinery there cobber! All them silver plated tenors are sensuous ..

@jake
                      well, now, bloke them there sure seem to cut it for our LISTening pleasure? Spiffing hey what.

@Ridge
                      sounds like you gotta great axe to grind out some sweet tunes with there mate, itza bobby dazzler?

Gents, FYI have found the site below of pertinent interest, that is if you haven’t seen it before.
                      Good read on LHS side keys too, half way down, “Sax tone and intonation” for your reeding pleasure.
                      Cheers, Mark

schooloftherock.com/html/evaluating_vintage_saxophones.html

saxomonica
                      Participant

um, err
                        Hominis est erres (L.) it belongs to man to err.

https://schooloftherock.com/html/evaluating_vintage_saxophones.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.