Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions My new Alto sax…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    art dubois
    Participant

…just picked it up at the Canada/USA border over the weekend…my new LB Hutchen….new ligature Rovner….Rico reeds by the box ($17.39 for 10) instead of $4 each at the local music shop…..new pads arriving next week. Some folks say to leave them in when the sax is not in use…others say not to leave them in, depending which blog I read.
      Any ideas/comments/suggestions?
      Thanks
      Oh, and btw, my new sax sounds GREAT, feels comfortable…I'm like a proud poppa! (maker that Grandpoppa!!)

john
      Keymaster

Art, do you mean leave the pads in or take them out? Can't imagine taking pads off a sax when you're not using it!

Anyway, congrats on the new horn, sounds like you're well on your way to having everything you need to get your sound to the next level.

art dubois
        Participant

Hey, Johnny…sorry, I didn't mean the key "pads" – I meant the absorbant pads that you insert to soak up the moisture after you've finished playing and have cleaned it…
          I'm learning…with all the rain that we've been getting here I have lots of time to practice! Most notes now come without thinking but growling is still outta reach!!
          My wife says I'm too nice a guy to growl!!! Haha!

john
          Keymaster

OK Art thanks… Mr nice guy or not, growing is necessary sometimes!
            there is a growing lesson video in the section here:
            https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/tone-development

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.