Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions My Saxophone doesnt have a high F#, can I just play the High F?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny, when I play “Somewhere over the Rainbow” I was going to go ahead and play that last bit of the song an Octave higher like I had asked about, makes a great song even better 🙂 The Scale on this song calls for an F#, but the highest F my Alto Sax plays is just the high F; it doesn’t have the higher F# key like new Alto Saxophones have these days. In this case, would it be acceptable to go ahead and just play that high F? Thanks 😎

john
      Keymaster

NO! you can play a high F# without that special F# key. Have a look at the fingering chart in the eBook, I’m pretty sure it’s there.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Hey Johnny, on page 37 of the ebook it shows the fingering for high F and F alternate but doesn’t show high F#. On video 3 of the fingering systems, C# to F#, the C# to high F is demonstrated and shows the small key on the side that new Saxophones have now days but doesn’t show how to hit a high F# if we don’t have that side key. Musically I know how important this is but didn’t know how to hit a high F#. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.