Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Name that Tune

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

I’ve been practicing a tune written by Jerry Butler, recorded in the 60’s by Bill Medley under one name, and by Tony Orlando and Dawn using another name. Same song by different names. I have a backing track I might use. I like Bill Medley’s version of this Jerry Butler tune. I might record it. Soooooo. your job is: NAME THAT TUNE
      William

john
      Keymaster

I remember He Don’t Love You Like I Do by Tony Orlando and just heard He Will Break Your Heart by Jerry Butler and it’s awesome…much more soulful!
        Great tune William.

RockinRobin
        Participant

Johnny named that tune: “He don’t Love You, Like I Love You” according to Tony Orlando and Dawn.Bill Medley named the tune “He Will Break Your Heart”; same tune, same notes, same melody. I’ll record it on GarageBand and If I do it justice I’ll post it.
          William

RockinRobin
          Participant

I’m also practicing with Tony Orlando’s backing track My backing track MUSIC is in A major. The last verse of “He don’t love you like I love you” goes up half step. So I lowered the backing track to G and G#. So my tenor sax plays A and Bb and the backing track plays G and G#. I’m tone deaf so mathematically I think I have it correct. The backing track changes keys somewhere on the last verse

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.