Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Neck straps

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul Hermanson
    Participant

Just curious what neck straps people use, I have a padded one but the adjustment part is so hard to adjust. The biggest problem is
      bringing it closer to the mouth, but when i get it to high, i try to slowly bring it down, u have to use to much pressure then its back
      to the to low stage again. I see some of these guys they adjust it up, down with ease, just curious what people use, thanks.

jake
      Participant

I use a Rico neck strap I bought from amazon, like 20 bucks.
        http://www.amazon.com/Rico-Padded-Saxophone-Strap-Soprano/dp/B0015MCGG8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1420503253&sr=8-4&keywords=sax+neck+strap

It seems to work well for me. Adjusts pretty easily. The problem I was having with it was it was becoming hard to adjust when changing saxes. It required to much adjustment between them. I play tenor, alto, and bari. To fix this, I have a neck strap for each sax so my adjustments are minor with the straps. Hope this helps.

Jake

Frank Basamania
        Participant

One thing you should never do is buy one that has a plastic hook. I got one of these with a sax I bought and use it until the hook broke, yes, my sax fell on the floor while I was playing. Amazing, the only damage was a small dent in the neck, it’s still there I look at it everytime I play. The plastic hooks look pretty beafy but don’t believe it!!! I actually made my own after that happened. I bought the nylon webing and a brass slide and a brass hook and sewed it myself. Dropping my sax will never happen again!!!

john
          Keymaster

well said. happened to me too but I was playing on a large stage with tons of people right up against the edge of it and my hook broke in the middle of a solo. my sax went flying about 5 ft and landed inches away from someones face near the edge of the stage. my sax was not playable after that but I had a spare but the thought of , what if it hit that person smack dab on the head or face?
            needless to say I don’t use plastic hooks anymore either.

Dazza
            Participant

Hey there all. I got my Father’s Day present early today and gave it a try and love it. The saxholder is the best and it is amazing how much easier and painless it makes playing my tenor It makes it feel like your sax is floating in mid air in front of you. My practice sessions are getting longer and my neck and back were feeling it so if you are concerned about long term issues and seeking neck discomfort relief I highly recommend this neck strap.

Tim56
              Participant

Hey guys: Take a look at Protec straps on Ebay. The pics are real clear. I have the one with the bar. It does not slip, the hook is heavy duty steel. Johnny thought I had a harmonica around my neck when he saw it. The others with the steel hook look good too. No plastic or open hooks also. I have almost lost my horn with an open one. Bad news. Tim

paddy jordan
                Participant

hey Paul i have tryed loads of strarps but the one i use now is is so comfortable it takes the weight of the sax off your neck and is can be adjusted with two fingers even while you play. it costs a little more than most straps but its in a class of its own. the starp is made by just joes neck straps he is situated in Bend Oregan.

Marc
                  Participant

I feel much more comfortable with harness-type which distributes the sax weight on your shoulders, not onto your neck.

Slider harness

Unfortunately this one has a plastic clip which, after reading some comments above, I will be taking extra care of from now on.

Leo Jr
                    Participant

I have the by same one. It is the best one yet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.