Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons New Backing tracks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Larry-Cleveland
    Participant

Hi Johnny,

I just went to check out your backing tracks, yes email marketing works!

Observations:

I checked out the Tequila charts. The tenor and alto charts were not complete, only ½ the song. It would be nice to have a key signature and cords listed. It would also be cool to have a MIDI file, so we could add an improve section if wanted.

The back tracks did not play on line (error on line…), but did when I down loaded them (sound great). May want to add a down load button.

The email included a link to the back tracks that needed to be cut and pasted instead of just clicked on.

No criticism at all just wanting to help keep things EZ….after all we are only Sax players 🙂

Keep up the good work!

Larry
      Danjo Jazz on YouTube

john
      Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up. That chart has been up on the site for a while now and I’ve been meaning to re-do it (remember it’s a freebie)
        That being said, there’s plenty of room on this arrangement for soloing, much more than the original..
        If you want to use this arrangement it can be followed like this:
        8 bar intro as in chart / AABA, ABAA, AABA

So the A section is the main Tequila head and the B is the 2nd part that ends with the vocal “Tequila”
        You can play the whole head at the beginning, solo for 32 bars which is the ABAA section and then play the entire head out again which is the AABA. Not the same arrangement as the Champs but I did this more for live gigs to stretch it out more.

Regarding MIDI files, this was not done using MIDI at all. As with a lot of the tracks I create, which use real instruments.
        But if I do get the time I’m gonna edit the tracks to match the Champs version and make it easier to follow.
        The chart is just the head and for soloing there is no progression – it just vamps from F to Eb so you can solo using an F blues scale. (obviously in the key of F)
        Sorry I can’t help with your link issues, they are working, people use different browsers and email programs which not all jive with everything all the time unfortunately so I can only control so much no matter how much I try!

john
        Keymaster

OK, actually was able to do some updates on tequila so go re-download cause now the arrangement and chart match the Champs version, same as the video
          cheers and have fun with it!
          Johnnyo

James
          Participant

Hi, Johnny. I’ve downloaded the updates and burnt off a cd of the backing track to play to down in the man cave. Plus, I went to iTunes and downloaded the original version by The Champs. It’s still a popular download. And then I found a youtube video of an older Chuck Rio playing Tequila in 2006 or so. Really cool to watch. And then I did a Wiki and read up on it’s history. Number 1 on 28 March 1958. Amazing! I told you in my intro that I played this on guitar and bass in a band I played in in 1965. I was 15 and we had a fine alto sax player. So I googled the chords and familiarized myself with them on my telecaster, of course. Jim

john
            Keymaster

I guess I shoulda written in the chords – sorry bout that Jim! For the solo section all you gotta worry about on sax is playing basically the F major pentatonic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.