Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons New book in january

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gary Bramham
    Participant

Hi Johnny, does the book you have coming out soon, have any more info regarding learning than you already have online.The only reason i am asking is that you already have a brilliant site with loads of help. and i wondered if there is any thing new in the book.

john
      Keymaster

Yes. I started working on it several months ago and the first part of it is the book “So You’ve Got a Saxophone – Now What?
        Which is a short quick-start guide taking you from the very beginning such as putting the sax together through to the fingerings of the C major scale. Short but focused and to the point of addressing the total beginners needs. The idea was to put it out, offer it for free to the members when it came out and then have it available for only a few dollars. It can help and carry someone through for the fisrt short phase of starting out with a saxophone.

This one I’m still working on and hopefully have ready in January has all that and then carries on from there;
        More on tone, particularly vibrato, and reference sections for all the major scales, a complete fingering system video, but more importantly scale-based exercises, starting with super easy and gradually getting a little harder. These will develop your full range and increase technique.

The last section gets into reading music… baby steps at first and then several popular songs which I am recording accompanying instructional videos to go along with the songs to make sure you’re doing them right and cover any potential problems anyone might have with them. And of course I’m recording backing tracks for these to make it more fun and realistic when playing them.

I think that many people who are learning these days have access to a lot of information online, some of it is good, I’m not putting it down but the problem for some can be information overload. Jumping from one thing to another before fully grasping each one.
        So, I believe this book will be very beneficial because of it’s methodical step-by-step progression which is laid out in an order that makes good sense with hopefully no confusion for the student.

Gary Bramham
        Participant

Thanks for your reply and i am looking forward to when the book is for sale, I am getting on ok with my saxophone ( although slowly ) but I am enjoying learning. I am also learning to read music as i realy want to get on with this, I have just found out my grandfather used to play a sax in a large band, he died in 1940 so I never knew him or much abot him till last week. My dad reckon it must be in the blood.

john
          Keymaster

Hey good for you! It really helps to be able to read a little bit of music. Just reading at about a grade two level will enable you to read most pop songs at least.
            Meanwhile, you can check out the rudimentary ready music lessons that I’ve included with the beginners scale lessons.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.