Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself New member

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bob Inglis
    Participant

Hi every one, I’m an ex-brass player(10 yrs.), I started playing the Alto Sax almost 3 years ago. I now play Alto, Tenor and Sop, Last May I started a Band called the Scarborough Open Band, now we are 7-8 Saxes.
      I have played mainly Big Band as a Trumpeter and Silver Band on Cornet.
      Now I am trying to play Blues and Rock plus Jazz to keep as many options open as I can.

James
      Participant

Welcome. I’m new here myself.

Randy
        Participant

I could never admit I was a brass player in a public forum! 7-8 saxes sounds cool!

john
          Keymaster

ya very cool…do you have any youtube footage yet?

Tim56
            Participant

Hi: I joined today. I have been playing for 3.5 years. I have been with the same teacher for the same time. He puts up with me/ I’m old, 70. OK I started late. Oh well, better late than never? I have 2 horns. A Yamaha 62 – 2 and a Selmer MK-6 66 thou serial. I play in our City college orchestra. It’s OK but I like the music I grew up with. Pop and Rock And Roll. I can play some stuff good and others, bad! Oh well, onward and upward! Tim

john
              Keymaster

Glad you found us! Hey, if you’re good on some and not others then there’s only one thing in your way… more practicing!
                It’s all good and fun. There’s some video lessons to help with some technical stuff as well as improvising and some backing tracks with lessons to help you play some more songs hopefully. And, will be adding some new stuff shortly….

rock on
                Johnny

James
                Participant

Welcome, Tim56. I’m 63. Who says old dogs can’t learn new tricks! I’m new to the saxophone myself. What I like about this site is that Johnny is teaching us stuff that’ll get me doing a little blues jamming on the stage at an open mic blues jam. Jim

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.