Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax New Owner, late model Mark VI Tenor.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Potter
    Participant

I picked up this late model Mark VI over the weekend, one of the better buying decisions I’ve ever made. Plays and sounds fantastic, I’m by no means a Selmer snob, I’ve owned quite a few different makes/models of saxes and will still keep my Viking M58 tenors but for whatever reason the Mark VI’s have a feel to them that I really like. Fortunate to have been able to pick this sax up, the horn is in fantastic shape and was at a very reasonable price.

Pic 1
      Pic 2
      Pic 3

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Right on Mike! That’s a beauty of a Sax, very happy for you 🙂

brother cavefish
        Participant

cool for sure

Mel
          Participant

Great Sax!

saxomonica
            Participant

Mel
              Participant

Mike Potter
                Participant

Saxomonica, excellent, got my 80’s all pumped up, whoever I slipped a disco on the dance moves… ha ha

john
                  Keymaster

wow Mike right on… you weren’t kidding gotta love it!

Liam Williams
                    Participant

Located a player’s sax in Ann Arbor. Turned out seller Peter Kahn lived in town next to me as kid Summit/New Providence NJ and he went to Michigan University with Andy Stein sax and fiddle Commander Cody who will be my swing fiddle teacher in Aspen this camp summer. Sax sounds amazing. What a difference. It’s a players sax. Ugly but tone and action is there. Big difference from Yamaha 52 and Hawk. I carried it onto plane in Gator case, and raced to get to back of overhead so no one would pull it out by accident when grabbing there’s bag sitting behind. Of course Jerky steward was moving it around looking for space fir an oversized bag and I was ready to say something. The empty hard box case was checked and ripped. Yes you guessed it Mark VI 210xxx series. Wow fun time. Can’t post pic but imagine 60% lacquer less horn lol.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.