Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax New Tenor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dave Tucker
    Participant

Yes, those cheap "screw" type ligatures that usually come with a horn are a waste of time and everyone should invest in a real ligature sooner rather than later.

Did you say there is a pic on this forum you want to remove?

john
      Keymaster

Wow, that is truly a gorgeous saxophone!
        How does it play?

Dave Tucker
        Participant

Hey Johnny,
          Sorry it took so long to get back to your question. We've been entertaining relatives from the UK.
          To answer your question as to how it plays, it plays very nice. I do have a slight stumble with the G#, C# key on the side. It seems to be a bit higher than some of the rentals I've had. I'm sure it will be fine after I get things broke in.
          The only thing I was disappointed with was the Ligature. They seemed to drop the ball on that. It looks nice but when I used it the first time it felt cheap. It feels like the screws are going to strip out or snap if you go just a little bit tighter. I purchased a Rovner Light Ligature on the weekend. The mouthpiece that comes with this horn is a good one.
          I tried taking down the picture that I have posted of my Selmer AS500 but I think that that is something that you have to do as administrator.

Dave T

john
          Keymaster

Yes, those cheap "screw" type ligatures that usually come with a horn are a waste of time and everyone should invest in a real ligature sooner rather than later.

Did you say there is a pic on this forum you want to remove?

Dave Tucker
            Participant

Johnny,
              Yes, If you could remove the topic entitled "My Alto". I no longer have that Selmer AS500 Aristocrat. I used it as a trade in for the new Tenor.

Dave T

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.