Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Oldest Newbie??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Geof Schwer
    Participant

Hi Everyone! I am Geof Schwer from Waco, Texas and I’ve been playing a Jupiter 787GL for just about a year now. At 74 years of age, I don’t expect to replace Johnny or any other tenor sax player, but I’m having blast trying! This has been a near-lifetime ambition of mine, so now that I’m retired, I started taking lessons. Ran across this site when searching for sax lessons on-line. Other than music. my other passion is restoring old Corvettes. Really looking g forward to learning all the good stuff Johnny has on his site. Play on!

jake
      Participant

You have found a wonderful and helpful community here. Welcome!!

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Hi Geof,
          Sounds like you have a few things in common with my side of the family for sure…my Dad is now retired and he restored muscle cars for a living–I was right there with him in the shop for many of those restorations. 2 of my favorites were a 1962 SS Impala with the 409, but instead of using 2 4-barrel carbs, he put 2 quadrajet carbs on them…talk about power. My other favorite was a Plymouth RoadRunner with a 426 Hemi 🙂 I live here in Arkansas and one of my Uncles has one restored in his garage too. It was during all those days growing up around my Dad in the shop that 70% of the music I heard featured the Saxophone on it…we always listened to the Oldies station while working.
          Nice to have you here and good for you to pick up the Sax…looking forward to hearing more from you 🙂 Yes, as Jake says you have a great support system here.

Geof Schwer
          Participant

Mike:

Thanks for your welcome. We have our local oldies station on all the time at our shop, so I can really relate to what you said.

Take care!

Geof

Leo Jr
            Participant

Welcome, I’m Leo and just started to play in February at the age of 49. I’m getting a big kick out of it! As bad as it sounds I still hear the beauty.
              Glad to meet you!
              Leo

Marc
              Participant

Howdy!
                And I was just wonderin’ if I could be one of the oldest beginners… I’m 53 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.