Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself One from Croatia…

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Mel.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hello,

my name is Robert and I live in Zagreb, Croatia for last 47 Years. I’m proud owner of two altos SML & YAS62 and from last summer tenor “Sequoia” that I simply adore. Actually I won SML on a bet 29 Years ago but at that time there wasn’t so much opportunity for self-learning.
      I’ve quit playing after my dad passed away 19 years ago. This “new beginning” approx. 3 years ago is thanx to my wife (btw. her father and brother were both saxophone players and precondition to ask for her hand, was that I play sax as well), who never stopped nagging that I can only play one melody “Sail Along Silvery Moon” and that one, out of tune 😊, so I got angry and returned to my old love, saxophone playing. Although I’ve been watching Johnny’s YouTube videos for some time I’ve now decided to join Premium Membership on “HowToPlaySaxophone” because his sax sound, colour and energy reminds me on my childhood when I was introduced to Rock&Roll and players like Chuck Rio (The Champs) , Johnny Paris (Johhny and the Hurricanes) , Lee Allen , Steve Douglas, Jim Horne…

Best of all is, that my wife has all this started so she doesn’t question any expenses 😊 and I keep “sympathetically” repeating, that if she ever gets tired I can sell my instruments and by myself a motorbike.

Best regards,
      Robert

Simon
      Participant

Hey Robert, welcome to forum. I’m from Slovenia.

Simon

john
        Keymaster

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum.
          thanks for your entertaining story… Must be fun to have a “saxophone” family!

Martin Pavíček
          Participant

Hi Robert. Iam from Czech – it is near to Croatia :-).

MArtinP.

Mel
            Participant

It’s awesome that there are people from around the world here!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.